Crankbrothers Mallet E LS
Crankbrothers Mallet E LS3 reviews
- Free tracked delivery to Finland
- Trustpilot review 9.4 out of 52.773 reviews
Pros & Cons
Pros & Cons
- The open structure prevents mud and dirt from getting stuck in the pedal.
- You can clip in easily with the four-sided Crankbrothers clip system.
- The bearing of this pedal is durable and easy to maintain.
- This pedal is ideal for cyclists who hit their crank with regular pedals.
- The pins give a lot of grip, so much that clicking out is only possible when you lift your foot up and turn it outwards.
These stable pedals have a lightweight aluminium pedal body, which keeps the weight low and increases durability. The body has six pins to provide plenty of grip if you don't have shoes with cleats.
This pedal body is built around Crankbrothers' famed clip system and can move freely. This gives you the option to clip into the pedal from four directions.
The clip system as well as the pedal have an open structure, which can easily dispose of dirt and mud.
The Crankbrothers mallet E LS are ideal pedals for demanding Trail and Enduro cyclists. Because dirt and mud are disposed of, you can shred trails in even the most extreme circumstances.
Happy so far
Have used them on a couple of rides. I'm wearing 5.10 hellcat and had to use the spacer. Also have screws showing only 1-2 threads, anything else and there is no chance of emergency exit, due to too much grip. They do feel more secure and stable than my previous spd m530, and can tell the difference feeling the platform on my feet.
Can't adjust spring tension
Great pedals - long spindle is a must!
Awesome set of pedals. For anyone with larger size feet, it is definitely worth getting the LS version, as unclipping on the rear foot when pedals are level is made far easier with the longer spindle letting your foot not get stopped by the crank arm.
Wider Q Factor allows for easy unclipping
They look the business
Cleats apparently wear quickly - yet to be tested
Recommended by the product specialist
|Crankbrothers Mallet E LS||Crankbrothers Eggbeater 3||Time Atac XC8 Carbon||Crankbrothers Mallet E|
|3 reviews||32 reviews||5 reviews||2 reviews|
|Pedal type||2-point attachment||2-point attachment||2-point attachment||2-point attachment|
|Discipline||Trail / Enduro||Cross-Country / Cyclocross / Gravel||Cross-Country / Cyclocross / Gravel||Trail / Enduro|
|MTB pedal type||Clipless Pedal||Clipless Pedal||Clipless Pedal||Clipless Pedal|
|Cleat Type||Crankbrothers Premium||Crankbrothers Premium||Time Atac||Crankbrothers Premium|
|Pedal Axle Material||Chromoly Steel||Chromoly Steel||Steel||Chromoly Steel|
|This product||View product||View product||View product|
|Trail / Enduro|
MTB pedal type
Pedal Axle Material
|Industrial Bearing / Bushing|
Additional information• Adjustable pins: 6 per side
• Cleats: Premium brass cleats with shims included
• Inner bearing type: Igus LL-glide bearing
• Outer bearing type: Enduro cartridge bearing
• Q-factor: 52mm
• Release angle: 15° / 20°
• Spring material: 300 series stainless steel
• Warranty: 5 years
• Weight: 424g per pair